Last Wednesday, a big winter snowstorm was predicted by the weathermen. Appointments were canceled & businesses closed in preparation. I could bemoan the change in conditions that compelled me to stay home… or…
I can be thankful for…
- the opportunity to stay in my pajamas, while enjoying a leisurely cup of coffee in bed.
- the chance to daydream as I savor the beauty of snow gently coating the brown earth & bare tree branches.
- the smell of homemade soup simmering in a crock pot while a double chocolate cake bakes in my oven.
- time to write in my journal, tucked under a fuzzy blanket.
- the inks, handmade papers, & paints that were beckoning me to play in my art studio. (Here’s the result.)
Most of all, I’m grateful for a day to be still & savor the quiet moments that snowfall brings.